Please note: ACRI is no longer accepting applications for this position.
The Association for Civil Rights in Israel (ACRI) is currently seeking a part-time Communications Manager for its dynamic International Relations Department.
Under the supervision of the Director of International Relations, the Communications Manager will be responsible for producing English-language content on the broad range of human rights issues addressed by ACRI. These vital materials will be used to provide updates and expert analysis for our English-speaking donors and supporters. The successful candidate will also manage ACRI’s social media presence, as well as our English website www.acri.org.il/en. The Communications Manager is a key staff member, providing essential support for all development, fundraising, and communications activities at ACRI.
This is a part-time position, based in our Tel Aviv offices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Gather information and updates from staff members in Hebrew to facilitate the preparation of top-quality materials in English.
- Work with Director of International Relations, Development Associate and Associate Director to create written materials in English for a variety of purposes.
- Manage and develop the English website and social media channels.
- Additional duties as required.
Knowledge, Experience, and Skills:
The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate:
- Creativity and first-class editing and writing skills (at least two years experience).
- Fluency in English and Hebrew with the ability to professionally and accurately translate materials from Hebrew to English, often including detailed legal materials.
- A solid commitment to human rights and identification with ACRI’s mission and values.
- Proficient in social media and WordPress platforms.
- The ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks efficiently and effectively.
- A keen eye for detail along with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Team player and self-starter.
- Excellent computer skills.
How to Apply:
Applicants should send their CV and cover letter (both documents in English) to email@example.com with the subject line: Communications Manager.
Deadline for applications: 24 November 2012.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Interviews will take place the following week and the successful candidate must be available to take up the position in early December.
The Association for Civil Rights in Israel is an equal opportunities employer.